Wednesday, July 17, 2013

#TBW Scotty

Last week, I wrote about my brother Jason for his birthday...this week I write in honor of my oldest brother Scott as his birthday is just two days away.


Scott and I have always been close and have had the ability to talk to one another with no boundaries. When I was younger, I remember sitting on his bed just talking to him about all of life's happenings in the evenings. Even to this day, if he comes by while I am still in bed - he comes down to my room, plops on my bed, and we discuss life.



I have so many memories with Scott, but some that stick vividly in my memory are the time just he and I went to Coldwater Lake. I'm not certain exactly how it happened, but both he and I ended up in the lake and the boat's throttle was still pushed forward. As the boat circled, we exhausted ourselves swimming to catch it. Finally, I did.

 

Fast forward numerous years later, I was prepping myself to go to my junior prom. My date that year was Jack Ramthun who was new to Bucklin and never had met my brothers. I was still down in my bedroom when Jack came to pick me and guess who answered the door? Yep, that's right. It was Scott. As soon as we got in the car, Jack turned to me and said, "Don't worry, we're going to have a great time and I won't try to make any moves." I laughed and asked what prompted that. He simply replied, "Your brother...he's huge and could definitely kick my a$$." If only Jack knew how much of a teddy bear Scott is. 



If you know Scott, you know he loves to go driving around in the country. We have spent countless hours dinking around, but it was when I came home from Houston after my accident, we went for a drive down south, through Giles Ranch and by Clark County Lake that I will never forget.

Speaking of vehicles, did you know that Scott was the person who taught me how to drive a stick shift? It was in his green Chevy pickup on the way home from Moscow one summer. I won't say that I was an expert by an means, but I could at least get around if I needed to, thanks to him.



Scott has always been my protector and I look up to him more each an every day as I see him be a wonderful husband to his wife, Megan....an amazing father to my nephews, Eli and Carson...and great friend and brother to me. Thank for you always being there Scott.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment