Wednesday, July 10, 2013

#TBW Jas

Isn't it funny how time flies by so fast, but yet you remember certain memories as if they were yesterday. Today marks my brother Jason's 30th birthday and I have spent the evening remembering some of my most favorite memories with him.


When we were kids, we spent many of afternoons "farming" all of the carpet in the house, building blanket forts in the basement, and so much more. However it was when Jason would reluctantly agree to play "store" with me that I will never forget. We'd gather things from around the house to sell and most of the time he let me be the cashier while he was the customer.

There was also the afternoon games of hide-and-seek in Grandma Bea's barn and the nightly games of kick-the-can.


When we got older, I relished the summer days we would spend at the lake with friends, but I will never forget the night my freshman year of high that he yelled at Fritz for having his arm around my shoulder during a party out at Demuth's. 


As we have gotten older, there's not as much sibling rivalry as there used to be and I find myself looking up to Jason as I never did before. He's one of the hardest working people I know...he's a great husband to Heather...an amazing father to Karlee and Jake...and a great friend/brother to me. Thanks for always being there Jas!


Happy Birthday Jason!
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment