Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh, Mrs. Evans!


I’ll write about all the graduation festivities in a bit, but seeing as it is Mother’s Day, I must first write about my best friend and my confidant…my mother, Elaine.

My mom and I have always been close, but in the past six years we have grown to be so much closer, inseparable really. I am truly blessed to have her by my side and I do not know what I would do without her.


During my high school years, I pushed my boundaries and we didn’t necessarily always see eye-to-eye, but she still stood by side and supported me (even if she wanted to ring my neck at times).

After I had my accident…I was dependent upon her and although she was facing one of her hardest times, she stood strong and was my rock throughout my most difficult time. I would have not been able to do what I have done without her.


We have been through a lot these past six years and in turn I haven been pushing mom’s boundaries, taking her out of her comfort zone multiple times. We have traveled all over the country - from Houston to Detroit and all the way from Las Vegas to the Bahamas. I have dragged her to numerous concerts, shows, and restaurants against her will, and she has mastered the art of driving in the city!

She has become my best friend and I truly cherish our relationship. These past few years have definitely had their ups and downs, but I couldn’t think of a better person to share all these memories with.


Thank you Mom for all that you do and all that you have done.
I love you.

1 comment: