Thursday, May 10, 2012

Inside the Mind of a Four Year Old

I currently have one niece and two nephews and let me tell you - they mean the world to me. I'm not sure what I would do without each and every one of them. Karlee's special though...we have an unmistakable bond - I'm not sure if it's because she was the first born, because she is the only girl, or because I was one of the first people to hold her. Whatever it is...we get each other!  From the moment she was born to now, she has always had the ability to make me laugh and smile with just a simple look. She is the sweetest little girl with a huge heart.

Karlee and I right after her birth in 2008
Every Tuesday, I go to Dodge for "therapy" where workout with my trainer Thomas and every once in awhile Karlee will get to come with my mom and I to "help Grandma shop". This past Tuesday, she made the 30-minute drive to Dodge with us, but instead of shopping with Grandma, she wanted to stay at "surgery" with me.  Unfortunately, she fell asleep before we got to Dodge, leaving her no choice but to grocery shop with Grandma.

Karlee and I at the Detroit Zoo in Summer 2009
On our way home, Mom and I were talking about the news story that aired on Monday when Karlee piped in, our conversation went a little like this -

Karlee: Emily, I saw you on TV yesterday...
Me: Oh ya? What did you think? Did I look ok?
Karlee: Ya...you looked pretty.
Me: Thanks, Bert. That's sweet of you.
Karlee: How did you get out?
Me: Get out of what?
Karlee: THE TV, EMILY!!!


It was just too cute that I had share.
If only the world was as simple as it is in a 4-year old's mind!

Karlee and I after her Mini Cheer Camp Performance in Fall 2011

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! This one made me laugh, I even had a little tear. She is pretty funny and is blessed to have you as her aunt!

    ReplyDelete