Thursday, August 23, 2012

What a Week!


I thought things might slow down a bit when we got home from Rhode Island and I could catch up on some sleep, but I am here to report that although I got to sleep in last weekend, my goal has not been fulfilled.

I really can’t complain though because it has been an absolutely great week so far! What all has happened you ask? Well let me tell you!

I’ll spare you the details about Monday – it was a normal, uneventful day. Tuesday was shaping up to be just like Monday, until I got a text from one of my best friends Tamren. Tamren and I go way back (see TK) and so you can imagine what kind of thoughts were going through my head when she wrote and told me she needed to talk to me ASAP. I was worried, frightened, and curious all the same time – I had no clue what she needed to talk to me about.  When I called her at work, she shocked me all right, but not with any of the thoughts running through my mind (thank goodness)!

After I posted my Letters from Home blog, unbeknownst to me, Tamren contacted Bill Snyder’s assistant and referenced my blog. After a few weeks with no response, Coach Snyder’s assistant returned Tamren’s email. Coach Snyder had read my blog and wanted to have me come up to Manhattan for one of the games. When Tamren told me this I was absolutely shocked…someone could have literally picked my jaw up off my desk, I was that shocked. We then talked of what game would work out best and because it was nearing the end of the day, Tamren said she’d just go down to his office on Wednesday.

Wednesday rolls around and mid-morning, I receive a phone call from Tamren. She had just left Coach Snyder’s office and said we were set; I am Manhattan-bound on September 14th to hang out with some great friends, meet an amazing coach, and see some great football! All of the details still need to be worked out, but I absolutely cannot wait and I absolutely cannot thank Tamren enough for giving such an amazing opportunity!

On Wednesday night, I experienced a first! Since my accident, I have not ever been to a chiropractor who would manipulate my back and neck…that is until now! Numerous of my friends and co-workers go to Koehn and Harp Family Chiropractic and have said amazing things about them, but I was never sure if they would touch me. After a few discussions awhile ago, I was told to make an appointment; Shanda would love to see what she could do for me. That was all I needed – I made my appointment…Wednesday night. It was fabulous – Shanda was absolutely amazing…she was extremely informative, very receptive, and completely trustworthy. I am so excited to see what she may be able to help with and I can’t wait for my follow-up next week!

Although nothing can beat my Wednesday, I still had a pretty good Thursday. Work was good, nothing too exciting, but tonight we had our volleyball scrimmage. The girls did really well and we saw some great things, but we still have a few things to work on before our first set of matches on Tuesday.

I’m not certain what tomorrow will bring, but nothing can bring me down from the high’s I’ve experienced this week…plus it’s Friday – there’s no such thing as a bad Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment