Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Work Out


As I sit here trying to figure out how these swimmers at the US Olympic Trials can shake and jiggle their triceps like they do, a McDonalds commercial comes on and at the end it says “Official Restaurant of the Olympic Games”. Does that sound like a huge contradiction to anyone else but me?

For some odd reason I do not think these world-class athletes are hitting up Mickey D’s every chance they get, and if they are…I’m jealous. Not because of the food, but how they are in tip-top shape.

I, myself, am not in tip-top shape, but I am trying hard to get back there! Sports and working out was a huge part of my life pre-accident, but unfortunately I have let my workout regiment slide a bit over the last year or so. Of course I have still been doing things, but not to the extent I was. This is all changing though! I am determined to get back in the swing of working out every night and so far it has been a success – 7.5 miles on my leg bike yesterday and I pushed a half-mile tonight.

I don’t know about you, but I feel so much better after I have worked out…I am able to get out a little frustration, clear my head, and even though I may be exhausted when I finish, I still feel like I have more energy. I just feel better all around.

Now, I may never become an Olympian or be able to shake my triceps like one, but I will still continue to work at my goals…just as they are! Now, who’s up for a Big Mac?

No comments:

Post a Comment