Tuesday, June 19, 2012

50 Shades of What?


Random fact #1 about yours truly – I love to read. I am a huge book nerd and have been since I can remember. Ever since I was old enough to read chapter books, I have stayed up all night promising to just to finish the next page, which turned into the next chapter, and soon I had the book finished and I hadn’t slept a wink. I still do this to this day.

I’m up for reading just about any genre of books (except trashy romance novels), but my all time favorite types are history and mystery/thrillers. I love a good war story and it amazes me how much emotion one author can provoke…I wish I could write like Laura Hildebrand, Hampton Sides, or Gregory Freeman, just to name a few.

For my last couple of books, I have stepped out of my usual reading material and have gone for some romance that has been all over the best sellers lists. However, I must say the 50 Shades trilogy isn’t your normal romance novel. I will not go into specific detail, but these books, themselves, were explicit.

Trust me when I say they are not for everyone, but I could not put them down. E L James is one heck of an author and knows how to write a page-turner. I’ve heard numerous whispers about this book and have been asked why I liked it so much. Well, here goes my reason…it is the connection between Christian and Ana. I think everyone craves a relationship with that much mutual care, respect, and not to mention passion (maybe just not their kind of passion though). It was somewhat endearing.

Nonetheless, I think I’ll journey back into my normal type of reads…Flyboys by James Bradley is next on my list – I love the movie and no matter what anyone says, the book is always better.


Happy Reading All!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment