Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Plan or His


Have you ever heard the saying, “Trust in God’s plan”? Sure you have, hasn’t everybody? We talk of God’s plan for each of us, we accept God’s plan, but until the end of our lifetime, I don’t think we’ll fully understand God’s plan.

We may never know God’s plan and as a society who always wants answers, this saying is often hard to fathom. We crave reason and logic.

I’ve been asked numerous times if I really thought God planned for me to become a quadriplegic and I always say have replied, “I don’t know.” Well, I now have an answer to that question. No, I do not think God planned for me to dive into that river, break my neck, and become a quadriplegic. I think God planned for me to live a happy, healthy, and fulfilling life.

And as of today, I think I’m doing a pretty decent job of fulfilling that plan. I couldn’t be happier for where I am at in my life, my career, everything. Plus, I must say that I have been given so many opportunities that I didn’t necessarily think would happen.

I now live close enough to see my niece, Karlee, and nephews, Jake and Eli, numerous times a week if I want (as well as the rest of my family). I have been backstage at not only one, but two Kid Rock concerts. I have met his drummer and have a pair of her sticks she had used. I was given an opportunity to help coach high school volleyball last year…who by the way made it to State.  I have experienced Houston humidity where the moment you walk out the door, your glasses fog up. Also, who would of thought I’d ever try out for a pageant…and actually win? I truly can’t wait to begin traveling throughout the state sharing my story and platform. Plus, the National competition is in Rhode Island in August. I have never in my life thought I’d be traveling to Rhode Island.

God may not plan out the specifics of our life, but know he always provides us with many opportunities. Those opportunities are the moments we’ll never forget! Keep the faith...trust in His plan!

1 comment:

  1. Em, I'm so glad you're blogging!! I have not done a good job at keeping up with you and I LOVE reading your posts. Keep it up ;) I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete