Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Flyin' Solo


Throughout the past six years since my accident there has been many “firsts". I remember the first time I pushed my glasses up on my nose by myself…the first time I pushed my own chair…the first time I typed an email…went to work…and so much more. Today I added something else to that list; today, I drove to and from work by myself!

As many of you know, I purchased my pickup back in January and have been teaching myself how to drive ever since then. I know what you’re thinking…it’s been ten months and she’s just now soloing? To answer that question, I must ask - have you ever tried to operate your gas/brake with one hand and steer with the other, all while having little hand function? Let me tell you it’s a bit difficult!

Me checking things out the day I bought it 
However, after a few more modifications and plenty of cruising the back roads, I finally felt completely comfortable to venture out by myself...wait, I’ll take that back, my PARENTS finally felt completely comfortable! I, myself, was ready a while ago! =)

Anyways, here is to another first…may there be many more in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment