Saturday, November 10, 2012

A New Lion in Town


Last week I had the opportunity to speak at my local Lions Club. This is not my first time to speak with the group, but let me tell you that this is one place where I always feel comfortable, I’m not nervous, and I have a good time no matter what.

After a fabulous lunch made by Mr. Hokanson and a quick meeting, I took center stage. Donned in my crown and sash, I spoke about the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas organization and the opportunities and engagements I have been allowed to partake in during my reign. I also spoke briefly on my platform, telling the members of my mission to empower youth to define themselves.


The Lions Club is an organization dedicated to community – our local chapter is extremely active in such events as the Veteran’s Day parade, food drives, collecting glasses to fight blindness, and so much more.

I have always looked up to their efforts and have been thankful for all they do and so when they asked if I would want to join, I was ecstatic. I am extremely excited to be a part of such a great organization and give back to the community that has supported me for my entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment