Monday, November 12, 2012

Girls' Weekend


Want to know what I love more than a three-day weekend? A three-day weekend in which I get to spend a lot of quality time with my niece, Karlee! We had the past two afternoons to ourselves and boy, did we have a good time!

Yesterday, we spent the day watching Disney, coloring Hello Kitty pictures, listening to music, and playing with dolls. When she came over this afternoon, I suspected we’d do something similar, but she had one thing in mind…dress up!

I’m not too big on the actual dressing up portion of the process, but I told her that we could definitely do hair and makeup.  She made a beeline for my bathroom, came back with all I had, and climbed up on my lap. I think her plan was to keep my hair understated while having my makeup be the wow factor…and boy was it a wow factor!


Up next was Karlee’s makeup and I tried to keep it simple, yet classy – like every 4-year old girl should have. After just a little dose of color on her eyelids and she looked in the mirror – Karlee decided she needed some on cheeks and more to her eyes and she wanted to put it on herself.


After we had our hair and makeup done, we did what all girls would do…cranked up the stereo and sang a few songs. From yesterday’s jam session, I learned that Karlee knows every single word to “Pontoon” by Little Big Town, and so that was first on our playlist! 


I can't wait to see what the next girls' weekend will bring, but I'm ready no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment