Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!


Ghosts and goblins…pumpkins and princesses…angels and all sorts of animals – I’ve seen them all tonight while handing out candy to all the trick-or-treaters of Bucklin!

I have so many Halloween memories growing up. As a young child, my mother dressed me in all sorts of costumes which ranged from anywhere from a duck to clown to an old lady and a bunch of my friends would load up in the car and go around town. 


No matter how many houses we had to visit, there was a guaranteed two stops every year – Frank and Evangeline Fletcher’s, where Frank would take a picture of each and every trick-or-treater that visited, and Barb Hanson’s, who gave out the best popcorn balls one could imagine!


As I got a bit older my trick-or treating days slowed and my memories are filled with having water fights with the cops and perhaps moving a car or two. There may have been a few windows soaped and some toilet paper tossed around as well, but one must not disclose everything…


Now-a-days, my Halloween nights are quite different from what they used to be. I help hand out candy and wait for my three little trick-or-treaters to make their way over here! 

Eli - the Cutest Pumpkin there is!
Karlee and Jake - the Best Doctor and Patient ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment