Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tech Savvy Grams


I’ve wrote about my Grandma Bea before (see Pink Squirrels and Hot Tea). She is one of the greatest women I know and she never ceases to amaze me. Today was no different.

Sunday is the day I normally talk to Grams, she comes over after church or calls me sometime in the afternoon…she asks about work and volleyball, I ask about Senior Center and card/domino day with the ladies. Sometimes we talk for 10-15 minutes, sometimes it’s just a quick call. I look forward to seeing her every Sunday so it came as a surprise to me when she pulled in the driveway this afternoon.

As she sat down on the couch, we began our normal catch-up conversation, but not long into that she wanted to talk computers. My Aunt Nancy just recently got her a new monitor for her computer – she needed bigger print and her other screen wasn’t cutting it…she couldn’t see her solitaire game like she used to.

In the process of her getting this new monitor, Aunt Nancy had told her about some pictures she saw of the great grandkids on Facebook. I had already saw the pictures that Grandma was trying to explain to me and mid-sentence she says, “You know I’ve been thinking, I just need to get on Facebook so I can see all of these.” 

My first thought was oh my gosh, I can’t necessarily see my 86 year old Grandma Bea perusing through the feeds of Facebook, but hey if that’s what she wants, that’s what she’ll get!

Grams will need to get the internet first, but as soon as she does, watch out! We might just have a serious Facebooker on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment