Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#TBW The Valley

Every fall when I was growing up, I couldn't wait to head 16 miles southeast of Bucklin to see the leaves of all the trees turn at one of my favorite places ever. It was a tradition I loved and one of the most beautiful sites. 

Unfortunately on May 23rd, 2008 the valley, where our family's ranch is located, was hit by a tornado. My brother rode out the storm in a hayshed and luckily came out with just a few scratches, despite his pickup being lifted completely off the ground.





This week's devastation in Moore, OK makes me realize how incredibly lucky my family was just to incur property damage five years ago. 

My thoughts and prayers are with the community of  Moore. May they find the strength and courage to triumph in the wake of disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment