Wednesday, May 8, 2013

#TBW Pomp and Circumstance

People often ask me what the most memorable MWKS event that I was able to participate in and while every event was special in their own way, being asked to be the commencement speaker for Bucklin High School's 2012 graduating class tops my list. Now, as the Class of 2013 prepares to walk across the stage on Sunday, I thought it would only be fitting to dedicate today's #TBW to my most memorable experience.



I was more than honored, as well as humbled, to know that of all people they could choose for their commencement speaker, the 2012 graduating class chose me. (Don't forget how extremely nervous I was as well!) They gave more the opportunity to not only address them with my story and "words of wisdom", but they gave me the opportunity to address our community - the community that has supported me throughout my entire life.

It was an event of a lifetime for me and one I'll never forget...but if for some reason it has slipped your memory or you weren't there, check out Cap and Crown for the details of my day and my speech that I had prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment