Wednesday, May 22, 2013

26 at 26

As I was scrolling through Pinterest the other day, I saw a pin for “60 Quotes that Will Change Your Life”. Well, as you might know by my Be Inspired page, I’m a sucker for good quotes and so I took the plunge and clicked. I definitely saw some great quotes, but what really caught my eye was a post called 26 Life Lessons Learned by Age 26. After reading their list, I thought why not try my own…so here’s my attempt. Enjoy!

 1) A good attitude can make a world of difference.

2) Happiness is a choice (and not always an easy one).

3) Some of the best moments in life cannot be planned, be spontaneous.

4) Opportunity is everywhere.

5) Change is inevitable, don’t fight it.

6) Take plenty of advice in all that you do, but make decisions for yourself.

7) Cliché or not, the little things really do mean the most.

8) You will never get far in life if you aren’t willing to work hard.

9) Don’t fall into the habit of being “too busy” or “too tired” to workout or improve your health in some way.

10) Own your mistakes.

11) Don’t be afraid to stand out on your own.

12) You are a role model to someone, regardless of what you might think.

13) Ignorance is not bliss.

14) Take pictures, journal, blog, whatever…just do something to document your life.

15) Step out of your comfort zone sometimes.

16) Think before you speak – you can’t take words back after they’ve been said.

17)  Do not be intimidated by those smarter/more skilled than you…use them as a learning tool to educate/better yourself.

18) You cannot please everyone; I don’t even suggest you try to.

19) Keep an open mind.

20) Don’t try to live beyond your means.

21) Important conversations need to take place face-to-face, if possible. Not via text or email.

22) Be confident in all you do.

23) Never be ashamed of who you are.

24) Experience what the world has to offer – travel to new places, eat different food, meet new people.

25) Laugh…it’s the best medicine.

26) Don’t take life for granted, it really can change in an instance.

---

 I think the best reads are the ones that make you think and that is my hope for this post. Whether you agree with all of the things on my list or not, I hope that it makes you think and ponder that if you had 26 life lessons to share, what would they be?

No comments:

Post a Comment