Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just Call Me Aunt Em


Once again, I find myself behind on my blog…I haven’t written about my night at Awanas or my lunch at the Ashland Civic Club, and most importantly, I have not wrote that I have a new nephew!! Well, Awanas and Ashland will have to wait just a little longer as I tell you about the new guy in my life, Mr. Carson Scott Evans.

After a weekend full of the Super Bowl and the stomach flu, I found myself still in bed Monday morning at 8:30am when my mom and my nephew Eli walked into my room with some big news – Eli’s little brother had been born. Carson Scott Evans graced us with his presence earlier in the morning at 7:45 and he was indeed healthy, weighing in at 8lbs, 6oz and stretching out to be 21 ½ inches long.


Although I couldn’t wait to make my way over to Pratt to see my little guy, I decided it would be best that I wait until Tuesday because I was still in recovery mode.

All day long, yesterday, I was counting down the hours until I would get to meet and hold my sweet little nephew and when we made it over there Tuesday evening and the nurse brought him in, my heart melted in a way that has only happened three other times. He is absolutely precious with his perfect little features, his long, skinny fingers, and a headful of light brown hair.


I am extremely blessed to have one niece and three nephews that live so close – I can see them whenever, be able to spend time and play with them, and best of all, I get to watch them grow. It just amazes me that just one year ago Eli was the size and age of Carson…two years ago, I was holding a swaddled Jake in my arms…and five years ago, I fell in love with my sweet Karlee.

Time sure does fly by, but a new baby brings life into perspective and for me –it’s all about family. Welcome to the family Carson Scott Evans – I cannot wait to watch you grow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment