Thursday, March 28, 2013

Project Walk

I had an amazing opportunity on Monday to speak at the Project Walk Kansas City 4th Annual Charity Dinner and Auction. After getting a few things together at work Monday morning, we hopped in the car and headed east…well, northeast really. The event was at the Boulevard Brewing Company in downtown Kansas City and when we arrived, the snow had begun to fall and you could barely see up the street. It was absolutely beautiful and I was really glad we weren’t still driving in it!


The event began at 6:30pm and after a few hors d’oeuvres and a drink, I was so excited to see Kenny and my Aunt Nancy walk through the door. For the next hour or so, a silent auction was being held and I had a chance to get caught up with Aunt Nancy as well as do some mingling. As 8 o’clock came close, Chris took the microphone and talked about Project Walk’s mission and what we celebrating and raising money for. Not long into it, he introduced me and I took center stage.


My focus for my presentation was to not only tell my story, but to tell the crowd about the importance of physical rehabilitation for individuals who have sustained spinal cord injuries. For those of you who know me, know that I have a strong opinion about PT and that I love every minute of it…I really wanted to share that passion with the people who came out for the event.


After I spoke, the fun began. The Nigro Brothers kicked off the live auction and they were some fun auctioneers. Trips to Florida and Vegas were auctioned off, as well as sports memorabilia, art, concert tickets, a Boulevard Brewing tasting event, and so much more.


I think they were able to raise a good amount of money that will go towards scholarships available for clients and aid Project Walk Kansas City into getting some new equipment.


It was a great event and I truly enjoyed every minute of it…I hope to be able to check out their facilities sometime soon and possibly get a home program going!

No comments:

Post a Comment