Friday, July 13, 2012

So Much to Do...So Little Time to Do It

Every year I dream of a perfect summer day…sitting out by the lake, catching a few rays with a drink in my hand and book on my lap, my friends all around. Every year I am somewhat disappointed…who (over the age of 21) has time to just hang out all day without a care in the world and nothing to do?

June turned out to be a pretty busy month between work and numerous MWKS events, but I was looking forward to July. It was going to be month of “perfect summer” days, but as we are almost half-way in now, my to-do list is getting longer and longer and my days of laying out in the sun are getting fewer and fewer.

Next week I will be heading out to Vail to celebrate Kirk and Sadie’s wedding and the following week Tracy and Ross will be tying the knot. In between the two, I get to speak at the Cimarron Rotary Club and help judge the Dodge City Days Parade! Then I’m off to Topeka for a 3-day coaching clinic.

August will be here before we know it and do you know what that means? The Ms. Wheelchair America Pageant! Holy smokes, it has snuck up on me and so these past few weeks I have been busy making travel arrangements, working on my speech, getting my wardrobe lined up, and so much more. My speech is my biggest worry – in fact, I’m still working on it, but I’m making progress and I think I’m getting close!

Between work, weddings and getting prepared for the pageant, I think July will fly by in no time…but I’ve deemed tomorrow a perfect summer day…the only modification will be trading the lake in for the 3 ft. swimming pool located in my background!

No comments:

Post a Comment