Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back in Action

Gosh, I feel like I haven't had a MWKS event for quite sometime, but that all changed today because I had the opportunity to visit the town of Cimarron and speak at the local Rotary Club! I’m no stranger to the town that lies just 18 miles west of the streets Wyatt Earp once patrolled; my Uncle Gerald and Aunt Joan have live there for forever and my Uncle Dale just moved there within the past two years.


Candi, a friend and fellow Bucklinite, asked me if I would be interested in speaking a while ago and I jumped on the opportunity – I really enjoy these small, low-key appearances.

The Cimarron Rotary Club meets at Richie’s Diner and after getting caught in construction outside of Dodge City, we arrived just in time to eat some delicious turkey and all of the sides. The president then opened up the meeting and after reading the minutes and discussing the old/new business, I was up.


I spoke of my upbringing, my accident, how I came to be Ms. Wheelchair Kansas, and my mission and platform. I like to end my appearances with a question and answer session and usually I get really similar questions…today was different though. I was asked some really great questions about accessibility, ADA, pet peeves, therapy, and so much more.

It was a great experience for me and I really enjoyed speaking with the numerous members…plus I got to see a few old friends.

 Definitely a good day for Ms. Wheelchair Kansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment